Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

how to draw a box And whisker chart

This week I have been  learning how to draw a box and whisker chart.

First you need a range of numbers then put them in order.
under neath draw a line with 12345678910 In order for example.
then use the numbers that you put in order from smallest to biggest over the top of your 12345678910 If all your Numbers fit in.
use dots over the top.
then find the median which is them all lined up and taking the biggest away from your range of numbers same with the smallest  repeat until one number is left that is your median then to find the upper quartile you use the highest number and the median then do the same as the median but the top half.same with the bottom. then use the dots to connect a line then draw a line box around the upper quartile and the lower quartile and a line through the middle from the median . just like this  image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.