Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2019

commas

Hi Everyone,

Today I will teach you why commas can be very important in a sentence if you want t get the correct meaning.
Here are some examples of why commas can be important.

I will highlight the commas to show you where they are.

Let's eat dad. (Here it says he will eat dad.)
Let's eatdad.(Here he is asking his dad to eat with him.)

The man chased the monkey with a gun. (Here it is saying that the monkey has a gun.)
The man chased the monkeywith a gun. (Where here it says that the man has the gun.)

So do you see why it can  make a difference in the meaning?
If there is anything you guys think I missed please leave a comment.

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.